Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Am I making a right choice?

Hhhmm..
Nowadays I've been thinking whether my decision to stay is the right choice or not..
What makes me think like this?
So many things happened nowadays..
So many rumors coming out..
So many prediction..
So many version of stories..

The only common thing they said is..
<< Closing KL team.. >>
<< KL team will be laid off.. >>
That's what everyone agrees on..
This company will gives VSS to all the KL team employees..

Ever since the finance dept received their VSS..
The rumors about other depts receiving the same thing being going on n on n on..
N what makes the rumor seems more solid?
7 employees received an email from HR yesterday stating they have to attend a meeting this friday..
Before the Townhall meeting..
Their prediction is they'll received the VSS news..
N their last day is in a month time which is end of October..

I found out the news this morning..
That there r 6 of them in GTS being informed to attend a separate meeting this friday..
During lunch time just now, the meeting topic came out..
N its not 6 but 7 of them received the email..
So, they were saying on n on n on about this VSS thing..
How the company decides to lay everyone off starting with 7 of them..

To be frank..
I'm still trying to digest what just happened..
Ever since I joined Shell TMS team, I normally working from home since I'm allowed to do so..
So, whenever I came to office, bad news is the only thing that I heard of..
I really dunno what to believe anymore..

What came to my mind most of the time now is..
Am I making the right decision to stay here instead of going to TSys..
To tell u d truth, I'm starting to regret my choice..
The words "If only I" keep appearing in my mind..
<< If only I didn't take the offer.. >>
<< If only I decided to leave.. >>
<< If only I decided to move on to diff company.. >>

Those r what I feel now..
N since I accepted the offer, I can't simply resign..
I can't simply say, OK, I received another good offer n decided to leave..
It's not good for my reputation..
It's like me, destroying the trust they've given me..

Chatted with my counselor just now..
He said, y not just wait..
If the VSS thing really come, just receive it gladly..
March next year, will be my 4th year here..
If they decide to laid me off n pay VSS..
I might received 1 1/2 months VSS plus 2 months notice at least..
Which in total 3 1/2 months of money..
Logically I can survived that amount of time unemployed..
Start looking for a new job again..

Hhhmm..
For now, I really hope that is not the case..
I'm not mentally prepared to receive such news yet..

But of course, Allah knows whats best for us..
No matter what we planned, if its not going to happen, it wont happened..
I'm praying for the best..
For myself, and everyone here..

1 comment:

1DiE_117 said...

I forgot to update on this post..
9 people that received the email from HR.. All of them being retrenched..
Currently, some already have jobs, some still searching for one..
Now GTS only left with 7 people (3 Managers + 4 Employees)..
The place where I used to sit (all 11 of us who transferred to HRC, moved to HRC seating area), so empty..
There r only 7 people for GTS and 3 people for Products there (Though the place occupies 40++ employees)..
Yes, it is sad..
N Veen leaving means Product only left with 2 resources in KL..
But that's the reality now in NGA..