Thursday, November 20, 2014

More people resigned..

Suddenly she gtalked me..
Asking if anyone else is there..
Without even have the time to check my gtalk, she already here..
"I already sent the email to anirudh last Monday (17th Nov - on her bday)..
  My last day would tentatively be 17th Feb 2015..
  He said I can submit the hard copy later.."

Owh, veen resigned..
I thot something else occured..
No wonder she's a bit weird for the past days after I came back from penang..

We talked for almost 2 hours in the shell room..
It seems she's resigning be4 getting any offer in hand..
After long consideration..
Saying that companies out there can't negotiate with her 3 months notice period..

My comment??
Firstly, the notice period issue never occured to me before..
If the company can't wait, n u r valuable, they'll basically buy u out..
Secondly, resign without any offer in hand makes things harder for counter offer as u can't compare ur value here n out there..
Thirdly, even I wait for my bonus before sending my resignation previously (where I really depend on my annual leave to complete my 3 months notice)..
I personally dun think she thought about this matter long enough..
If she waits until end of this month then resign, her salary increment will be more than what she'll be getting after this..

I asked her what's her increment range here..
She said between 10-20%..
Imagine, if she waits, if the upcoming company gives 30%, she'll be getting 40% (if nga gives 10%) for her salary increment..
She stays for 1 year previously when there was no increment, but can't even wait for 2 more weeks to get more..

I dun wanna say it, but I found her decision is pretty stupid n immature..
For a HR graduate like her, I dun really see her making this kind of decision..
N claiming, she had a long consideration be4 deciding that..
What's more shocking is she resigned without any offer in hand..

I know this is just my assumption..
But from the way I see it, the way she always brags about how happy jp was with her work and stuff, I know she wants him to counter offer..
To show that she's important to him..
Maybe that's y she didn't feel the urgency of looking for new job be4 resigning..
Even when we talked yesterday, she still saying that this is not yet finalised..
From what I understand, she still believes the possibility of her staying here after this..

Of course, that's just my assumption..
She might not think that way..
Whatever her reason is, I wish her all the best..
I hope she gets a job within this 3 months..
If she still wanna work here, I hope jp counter offers her..

I've gone through the process myself..
resign > counter offer > retract > move department
I know its frustrated to work with someone that doesn't appreciate your effort..
I agree with her action of resigning..
But what I don't is why now.. Why not end of Nov..

U know what, not my concern anyway..
My concern now is to continue review the knowledge sharing material..
Gambaro!!
Ja n as-salam..

ps: Currently addicted to Burning Up and One Minute Back by SHINee..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Apparently she's happily working under Mindteck and her client is hp.. Started on 23rd February.. She's based in hp at cyberjaya.. Good for her..